Pet Loss Resources
Pet Loss Information
Pet Loss Books (in our lending library)
- A Final Act of Caring, by Mary & Herb Montgomery
- Animals on the Other Side, by Sylvia Brown & Chris Dufrense
- Blessing the Bridge, by Rita Reynolds
- Good Dog. Stay., by Anna Quindlen
- Good-bye My Friend, by Mary & Herb Montgomery
- Goodbye, Friend, by Gary Kowalski
- The Loss of a Pet, by Wallace Sife, Ph.D.
- The Next Place, by Warren Hanson
- Our Special Garden: Understanding Cremation, by Karen L. Carney
- Pets Living with Cancer by Robin Downing
- Saying Good-Bye To The Pet You Love by Greene, Ph.D. & Landis
- Sleeping With Angels by Alan Blain Cunningham
- The Souls of Animals, by Gary Kowalski
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney, by Judith Viorst
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, by Leo Buscaglia
- When Friendship Lives Beyond the Stars, by Dr. Amy Sugar
- When Your Pet Dies, by Quackenbush & Graveline
Click here to view the full list of titles available in our Lending Library.
Pet Loss Support Groups
The Animal Humane Society in Golden Valley offers a pet loss support group. Call 763-522-4325 for more information.
The University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Center and the School of Social Work have partnered together to offer a time-limited loss support group, Companion Animal Love, Loss, and Memories (CALLM).
Argus Institute: Pet Loss Support & Resources
The Argus Institute is associated with Colorado State veterinary college. They have an excellent client support service and the website contains very valuable information for pet owners contemplating euthanasia and pet loss issues.